What causes twitching in lower right lip?
I read your question carefully and I understand your concern.
Lip twitching of the sort you describe can have many different causes. Fortunately in the overwhelming part of cases it is nothing to worry about, not a threatening issue.
Most common causes are use of alcohol, caffeine, energy drinks, even chocolate at times. Fatigue, stress and anxiety are also very common causes, I would say stress and anxiety to be the most common in my daily practice.
However if symptoms persist for days some more attention must be paid. Some blood tests must be done for electrolyte alterations which may cause it such a low calcium, magnesium, potassium. Also a neurological exam for possible neurological signs you might have missed such as Bell's palsy, hemifacial spasm, Parkinson's syndrome, tics, essential tremor etc. But I really do not think it likely, as I said in most cases it improves (although may recur from time to time related to stress, fatigue or other factors I mentioned).
I remain at your disposal for other questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Cause of upper lip twitching
- Lip twitching nerve cause
- What causes twitching in lips
- What causes bump on the inside of the lower lip
- What causes lower lip muscle to twitch
- What causes white line to grow on lower lip
- What causes lower lip to quiver
- What causes right bottom lip to quiver
- Lower lip twitching causes
- Lip twitches causes