What causes twinging pain in right thigh and fatigue while walking?

Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta

Posted on Tue, 23 Aug 2016 in Elderly Problems
Question: I am 81. The temperature was about 72F with no sun. I walked for 2 miles. I had a twinge in my right thigh for about 30 seconds. After a mile and 3/4 I became very tired and when I came home I was unsteady for about 30-60 seconds. No other symptoms except I was tired before the walk.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Brief answer....take water and electrolytes
Detailed answer....
I gave read your query and understand your concern.
Your symptoms and history suggest that you are suffering from water loss along with electrolytes loss.
Best is to drink electrolyte rich drinks like GATORADE, lemon water with salt,coconut water etc.These would correct your electrolyte imbalance.
You should be all right soon.
Make sure that whenever in future you go out and walk a lot or exercise in excess,take plenty of drink beforehand to avoid dehydration.
I hope it helps,however you are most welcome to revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad