question-icon

What causes trouble bending the left hand's middle finger and presence of a small hump on it?

Posted on Wed, 10 Oct 2018
Question: I have recently been having trouble bending my middle finger on my left hand. When i stretch out my hands and put them side by side, the same middle finger is the only one that doesn't lie flat, it has a slight hump.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal (35 minutes later)
Brief Answer:

Can be due to trigger finger.

Detailed Answer:

The trouble in bending the middle finger can be due to a trigger finger or tendinitis.

Local steroid injections and physiotherapy and strapping are needed to correct this.

Do consult an Orthopedician for a direct examination and confirmation and proper prescription medicines.

I hope this answers your query.

Dr. Praveen Tayal
Orthopaedic Surgeon
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon