What causes tremors in the leg and thighs?

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Thu, 2 Mar 2017 in Mental Health
Question: my husband has tremors in his left leg and up to his thigh. he also has depression and lost of interest in everyday things and people. e-mail aaddress is YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I do not think paxil is right option for him

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Health care magic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

Firstregarding the current treatment I am not convinced with paxil as it causes anticholinergic side effects and not a great option for XXXXXXX Citizens.

I am also of the opinion that it will be better if you can ask his doctor to evaluate for parkinson disease as presence of tremor and depression is often found in parkinson disease.

Regarding the choice of antidepressant I feel lexapro will make a better option.

I hope this helps you.
If you have more questions feel free to write back to me.
Thanks again
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana