What causes tremors in hands?

Dr. Senduran Narayanasamy

Posted on Mon, 19 Oct 2015 in Brain and Spine
Question: Hello, I am a 27 year old female.. A couple weeks ago I started gettin this crazy internal tremors in my whole body but mostly in my hands. I was getting really worried about parkinsons but my tremors did not happen when at rest, only when moving. Today, two weeks later, tremors are kinda going away I think, at least getting better, but I am having body aches, my arms, legs, and shoulders, also having mild nausea. I went to the ER on wenesday and they did some blood work on me, everything came out good. What could it be?
Answered by Dr. Senduran Narayanasamy 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Healthy diet, if needed additional supplements

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX

Seems like fibromyalgia which does't have definite treatment..

1) Apply hot fomentation over the pain spots
2) Don't indulge in any physical activity without prior warm up.
3)You can take safe pain killers like tramazac p (a combination tablet of acetaminophen 325 mg and tramadol 37.5mg)for 5 days.

You may also update me the blood reports to enhance my answer.

Hope this helps

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina
Follow up: Dr. Senduran Narayanasamy 14 hours later
Still very shaky, also I feel very weak, tired. This happens only when I am moving
Answered by Dr. Senduran Narayanasamy 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Rule out hypothyroidism

Detailed Answer:
Hai again

Thanks for writing back.

Have you done thyroid function test(TFT)?

If not,would suggest to check your thyroid function( TSH,FT3,FT4)..Because in females at your age, most common reason for generalised weakness,internal tremors is under active thyroid.

You may also upload me the reports including TFT to help better.

You can upload in the query page (button on left side) or send it to YYYY@YYYY mentioning query id "223645"and ATTN to Dr.Senduran.

Awaiting your reply.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D