What causes tremors in hand?

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Wed, 8 Jun 2016 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Question: I smoke 5-8 cigarattes/day, recently my exams got over and during that time I used to smoke 12-15 cigarattes/day. From today morning I am observing that my right hand is shaking. Can you tell me why it is happening and what should I do ???
I have one more question that, please give me some tips to quit smoking, which can easily done.
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
This is probably withdrawal effect

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX
Thanks for using healthcaremagic.

The presence of mild shaking is probably withdrawal effect of smoking as excessive smoking causes changes in brain that create problem when you want to quit.

For quitting smoking the first and most important thing is to manage your stress.

Although there are multiple ways of managing it but the most important is to use healthy diet and follow regular exercise regimen. In addition starting your day with lemon water and avoiding the regular smoker friends helps in this holy cause.

Majority of the symptoms due to smoking last only upto one week after complete cessation of smoking.

In case you want to feel comfortable while quitting there are options of medications. One such medication is bupropion which reduces the craving and helps you in smoothing the transition from smoking to smoking free life. Since it is prescription only medication you need to contact a local medical practitioner to get one.

I hope this helps you.
Thanks and regards.

Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 32 minutes later
Thank you sir. I will follow whatever you have suggested.
Have a good day. :)
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You are always welcome

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXX,
Thanks for your compliment.

Feel free to contact me when there is any requirement in future.

At this moment if you do not have any follow up questions please close the query and rate the answer.

Thanks again.
Wish you great health.