What causes tremors in buttocks on bending down?

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Thu, 14 Aug 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Hello>>
I am man (34) years old .

I got Acute inflammation of the tonsils very sharp lasted for more than 17 days!!!, And after kind of healing after a few days only,i am make the tonsillectomy Surgery , after the Surgery Immediately , I feel pain in the ears, numbness at the tip of the San, all the time, especially when eating and even now!!! ,and after the Surgery between two or three days Appeared to me chills in the buttocks, and the explanation below: -

-When I bow my back down and then I bow my neck down I feel tremor chills or electrical or like that !! very very simple in the buttocks lasts for less than a second without any pain at all, with the flag can not be repeated chills electrical very simple unless lifted my back for a certain period, then bending my back and my neck again, in the sense If I lifted my neck just Without my back and then I bow my neck just does not show anything.

I want asked..

1- What is this exactly ?

2- Is there a relationship between this thing and Acute inflammation of the tonsils or tonsillectomy ?

Note tonsils surgery was performed before 15 days ago, and I did not recovering them completely until now .

3- Is this chills normal condition any cured or go on its own after a certain period? Or is it a disease!!! Requires treatment ?

4- I am afraid,,,What is this exactly ??

Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Self resolving innocuous symptoms. no worries

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking
Providing the history this so called electrifying sensation in the buttock does not sound connected to the procedure.accordong to the history posture relation with bending of back causing it makes it more a musculoskeletal and neurological. Just relax take some acetaminophen and muscle relaxants like tizanidine for the relief. If there is no past history of any joint or neurological manifestation then it's fine.lying straight on the operation table with neck extended for the tonsillectomy might cause this strain on lower back and the pain or tingling sensation can be felt in buttocks areas.if you don't have any pain or deranged bowel movement or any urinary complaint then I am sure its nothing to worry about
Ear pain and associated issues are procedure related and symptomatic treatment suffice and they self resolve too so Bo worries.
Chills and rigors are usually instrumentation induced uti in procedures due to catheterization and a urine exam will confirm it. Drink plenty of fluids and rest for a while.
Rest assured tonsillectomy is quite a safe procedure and nothing can happen dangerous or lethal.
Just give this a week to resolve and of the symptoms persisted visit a doctor and let them take care of the issue and correlate it for further management. Right now it can wait.symptomatic treatment would suffice.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.
May the odds be ever in your favour.
Regards XXXXXXX