What causes tremors in a diabetic patient with a pacemaker?

Dr. Praveen

Posted on Tue, 9 Dec 2014 in Brain and Spine
Question: Yes I am 82 years old this morning I was a little shaky & it has gotten worse as the day progressed
I have a pacemaker, almost two years, am weaker as years go by
Answered by Dr. Praveen 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need some more information

Detailed Answer:
Hello Sir.Thanks for giving me an opportunity to address your query.

Are you feeling anxious? tired? Dizziness? Did you ever had this shakiness previously?
Do you have shakiness of whole body? Is it becoming difficult to balance yourself?
Have you been taking any other medication?
Do you have any history of diabetes, hypertension or any other medical illness?

Await your reply.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Follow up: Dr. Praveen 35 minutes later
I'm diabetic, taking thyroid medication. Had dinner two hours ago, checked my sugar & blood pressure sugar-250 b/p 154/26---pulse 85
Answered by Dr. Praveen 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Blood pressure need immediate attention

Detailed Answer:
Appreciate your qucik response Sir.

Sugars are pretty normal but pressures are on little higher side, especially the diastolic/lower one(is it 156/126?) is quiet high.Have you taken BP medications teday?
I were to recommend to visit an ER without further delay since they may need adequate control.This might be the cause of shakiness too.Nothing to panic but it is important to lower the numbers else it might result in paralysis or heart attack.

Hope your thyroid profile is normal.

Follow up: Dr. Praveen 1 hour later
that BP was 156 slash 26
Answered by Dr. Praveen 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It cannot be as low as 26

Detailed Answer:
Extremely sorry sir.The lower number cannot be as low as 26.Request you to kindly update me the proper BP reading.

I suspect the device which needs be calibration in case you are using electronic BP apparatus.Would request you to get a proper reading from a nearby ER or hospital.
156 is high normal.

Await your reply.Advise plenty of oral fluids.Hydration is important since it is one of the causes of shakiness.Relax and calm your mind. Donot be anxious.

Await your reply.Get well soon.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad