What causes tremendous weight loss after taking Obimet Sr?
ADVICE REGARDING COLON ULCER
Thank you for posting your query in Healthcare magic
This is Dr. Swarnava Dattagupta answering your query.
I appreciate your concern.
See, firstly for the colon ulcer your doctor has prescribed meva-c which contains mebeverine and chlordiazepoxide. I must say it is a very good drug. But yes, it is sometimes associated with nausea, dizziness, lethargy and drowsiness due to the second component mostly. However, the symptoms decrease on regular use. You can ask your doctor to change your drug to mebeverine only but that can affect the drug results.
Next , for obimet sr- as it contains metformin it is associated with anorexia, nausea and weight loss. If the patient was healthy before, this weight loss will not hamper her. Otherwise it is a problem.
I would advise you the following-
Take frequent small diabetic meals
Eat healthy and avoid alcohol if any
Take multivitamin syrup twice daily
Hope i have answered your question.
Contact me for further queries, I will be happy to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Does taking althea can cause weight loss
- What are the causes of slow weight loss
- Obimet sr 500mg for weight loss and pcos
- What causes abdominal discomfortbloating and weight loss with constipation
- Will taking rozat 5mg cause weight loss
- What causes sudden weight loss with anxiety
- Persistent vomiting weight loss what could be the cause
- What causes weight loss in a new born baby
- What causes drastic weight loss
- Can taking hydrochlorothiazide cause weight loss
- Suggest treatment for bloating and flatulence
- What causes sudden increase in BP readings with history of heart attack?
- Does over dosage of Piopar cause leg lymphodoema?
- Suggest treatment for palpitations and anxiety related issues
- Is mineville patch helpful in dealing with breast tumor?
- What causes tremendous weight loss after taking Obimet Sr?
- What causes constant retrosternal chest pain lasting for few minutes?
- Does unprotected sex can lead to pregnancy?
- Does pain in the my left rib cage indicate rib fracture?
- How long do symptoms of prostatitis last?