• question-icon

What causes tremendous memory loss?

Posted on Mon, 7 Aug 2017 in General Health
Question: I have started taking carvedilol 3.125 mg twice a day. It may have been iconsequential but I have had tremendous memory loss. Could the two been connected?
Answered by Dr. Kathy Robinson 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
it is possible

Detailed Answer:
It is possible that carvedilol can cause memory loss. It is a beta blocker drug and they are known to cause mental slowing. However, you are on a very small dose. The best thing to do is to talk to the doctor that prescribed it and see if you can taper off the drug and see if your memory returns to normal. If it is from the drug then things should go back to normal once you are off the medicine. Please do not stop taking any medication without talking to the prescribing doctor about it.
It is possible that the memory loss is not from the medication but work with your doctor to sort this out.
Dr. Robinson
Dr. Kathy Robinson