What causes transverse myelitis?
Pin pointing cause & specific treatment would help you.
Thanks for the query. I understand your concern.
It' s good that you went to hospital in time & got treatment earliest to get some relief too.
Transverse myelitis is an inflammatory condition of spinal cord .. which gets demyelinated to cause the symptoms. It can be due to various causes like viral or bacterial conditions/ Multiple sclerosis ( genetic disorder)/ vascular causes when blood supply to cord is hampered/ post vaccination for viral disease. They will also exclude para neoplastic conditions.
You are being investigated to find the exact cause & then would be offered with specific treatment.
Please don't be scared You are in a good hospital. Believe your treating doctors. Be positive & patient.
60 to 90 % of patients are left with no neurological deficit. So prognosis of the condition is nice.
Hope this has helped you. Any thing more you want to ask.. please feel free to ask. I would be happy to help.With best wishes & speedy recovery.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Transverse myelitis caffeine
- What is the cure for acute transverse myelitis
- Transverse myelitis children celiac
- Marijuana and acute transverse myelitis
- Transverse myelitis and hair loss
- The affect of alcohol on transverse myelitis
- Transverse myelitis causes
- Acute transverse myelitis causes
- Pregnancy post transverse myelitis
- Transverse myelitis and itching
- Feeling chill and shaking. Is this a sign of an illness?
- Have high BP, cholesterol and low thyroid. Feel heart rate increases at...
- Having intense burning and noticed swelling in clitoris and labias after...
- Had open surgery for advanced sigmoid colectomy. Watery stools with pain...
- Have severe facial flushing and rosacea. Going through menopause. What...
- Type-2 diabetic, constipated, having abdominal pain after bowel...
- What causes headaches?
- Suggest treatment for recurrent diarrhea
- Suggest treatment for foot infection
- What causes severe hair loss?