question-icon

What causes transient seizures, daily headaches and muscle spasms in stomach?

Posted on Thu, 12 May 2016
Question: my doctor never knows what to tell me. i just want ideas to know what to look for. ive had partial seizures once a year for over 10 years. i have raynauds disease. struggle with daily headaches. have sharp pains in different places everyday that can last awhile auch as my finger or forearm or knee etc. my legs get extremely hot at night. and i have "muscle spams" in my stomach. any ideas?
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal (3 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Sounds like fibromyalgia

Detailed Answer:
I am Dr Mittal. I have read your message. I think I can help you. The symptoms of the query are quite suggestive of a possible fibromyalgia.
In this condition, the patient has severe pain on and off. The site of pain is almost never the same.
And the pain never relieves with regular medicines completely.
Its basically a connective tissue problem.
There is no ideal treatment for this condition.
However, I have found vitamin D supplements quite useful in this situation and many of my patients have improved on treatment.
I therefore suggest the same to you.
I have tried to make it as simple as possible. I hope that the information contained in this message will be able to help you find the best solution for your problem. Best of luck. Dr Mittal.
Dr. Saumya Mittal

Diabetologist