What causes traces of vaginal bleeding with headache and blurred vision?

Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil

Posted on Fri, 10 Jun 2016 in General Health
Question: I am a 32 yr old female..normal weight. Feel dizzy with bad headaches and blurred vision and today a small amount of discharge with blood... (its around ovulation time now) i feel very dehydrated too.
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Explained in detail

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome

Your concern is appreciated

Its normal to have alittle bleeding on ovulation time although not all the women has it but its normal. This is usually trace amount of bleeding which only stain vaginal discharge like pinkish streaks of blood sometimes it can be brownish. There are many reasons described for it which include the breakage of the follicle, the opening of cervical os or the previously old blood accumulated. when occurs can be used as indicator of fertility and ovulation time, the vaginal discharge at this time of cycle is like egg white and there is rise in basal body temperature of one degree. The bleeding dont last long regardless of reason as long as its mild and if does not last more than few days its ok the reason for concern should be heavy bleeding and irregular during the cycle. Some women may experience pain called mittleshmerz during the ovulation time which is around mid cycle. Some women may be prone to headaches and migranes.
If you are having nausea, dizziness it may signify ovarian cyst. U/S should be done to exclude that.

Hope it helps.

Thanks.

please consult your doctor before taking any further course of action

Dr M.S Khalil