Ask a Dentist   »  

What causes tooth pain?

Dentist
Question
I am having severe pain in my left tooth since last night and no medication is helping me out.
Posted Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Dental Health

Answered by Dr. Dipti Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You should start with antibiotics with painkiller

Detailed Answer:
Hello, XXXXXXX
Thank you for consulting with HCM.
This is Dr. Dipti Singh here to answer your query.

Actually pain in tooth is caused by infection in the tooth , which might have extended to the apex.
Tooth pain can not just be relieved by a painkiller you have to start with an antibiotic as well as painkillers. Even you have to continue these medications for 5- 7 days.
Better that once you should visit a good dentist and get the complete treatment done for the tooth, as medication are just the temporary treatment not permanent.
Till you visit the dentist you can even start with dispersible pain killer as it will give an instant relief in pain.

Hope it will help you.
Thank you
Dr. Dipti Singh