What causes tooth pain on right wisdom tooth?

Dr. Priyanka Tiwari

Dentist

Posted on Mon, 23 Mar 2015 in Dental Health
Question: Good day Dr.
I had tooth pain on the right bottom wisdom teeth. Upon investigation by self found that the tooth is infected and having blackish surface. Some part of the tooth were broken earlier. Consulted a dentist and he gave medicines to the pain and infection and it was for 2 days. I feel that the tooth needs to be removed as it is giving pain now and then. Dentist said it is not so urgent but any way finally after some time it needs to be removed. Kindly advise. Will removing the tooth cause any vision problems as I heard that the wisdom teeth nerves are connected with eye nerves. Need your expert opinion so that I can decide when I meet the dentist this week end. Thanks in advance for your guidance.
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Tiwari 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Myth, Extraction.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX .

Thanks for consulting Healthcare magic
This is Dr. Priyanka Tiwari answering your query .

Read your query as you have infected wisdom tooth in my opinion best treatment is extraction of wisdom tooth since wisdom teeth is infected broken not of much use and vestigeal . As you are asking of vision problem it is totaly MYTH . Nerves as not connected with eyes and removal of wisdom tooth doesnt cause any vision problem .

I will suggest you to do some remedies for pain and infection :
-Do warm saline rinses 2 to 3 times a day.
-For pain you can take medication prescribed by your dentist or you can also apply clove pellet in that tooth .

Maintain good oral hygiene and go for treatment (extraction) .

Hope I have answered your query .
If you have further query I will be happy to help.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Follow up: Dr. Priyanka Tiwari 59 minutes later
Thanks Dr. for your clear explanation that extracting wisdom tooth will not affect vision. After taking the medicines for 2 days (given by the dentist) the pain is not there but there seems to be some uneasiness over that wisdom tooth area. The reason for the infection is that the wisdom tooth top part is inaccessible for the tooth brush to reach due to some restriction. Warm saline rinses will help for temporary relief. But will go for wisdom tooth extraction. Thanks for your guidance and remedial measures suggested.
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Tiwari 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Extraction

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX ,

Welcome again .

Read your query infected broken wisdom tooth will give you pain and is of no use . As I told you wisdom tooth is vestigeal so in my opinion I will suggest you to consult your oral surgeon take appointment and go for extraction of wisdom tooth .

Hope I have answered your quey .
If you have further query feel free to ask I will be happy to help .

Regards ,
Dr. Priyanka Tiwari
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Pradeep Vitta
Follow up: Dr. Priyanka Tiwari 47 minutes later
Thanks Dr. My query is answered precisely. Thanks for the expert advise. Brgds.
Brief Answer:
Always welcome

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX

Nice to hear my answers helped you in clearing your doubts . If you have any other query always feel free to ask I will be happy to help . Stay healthy . God bless .

Regards ,

Dr. Priyanka Tiwari