What causes tiredness when i wake up in the morning?

Dr. Mohammed Taher Ali

Posted on Tue, 20 Oct 2015 in Diabetes
Question: I feel very tired when I wake up in the morning. To make things worse some days I wake up with a headache. This has been happening for the past 3-4 days.
What could be the problem? I have taken my Blood sugar test and Fasting is 97 and post ptrandial is 126.
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Taher Ali 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Anemia or hypothyroidism could be the reason

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir, Hi
Good afternoon.
I can understand your concern.

Early morning weakness associated with headache can be caused by a number of conditions like anemia, hypothyroidism, lack of sleep (sleep apnoea), anxiety or depression.

May I ask a few questions like
1. Do you smoke or take alcohol?
2. Do you get any joint pain or morning stiffness in the joints?

I would like to suggest some lab tests like CBC, ESR, & Thyroid profile.
Awaiting your kind reply.

Best regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad