What causes tiredness, lack of concentration and severe drowsiness?

Dr. Anshul Varshney

Posted on Mon, 12 Sep 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Hello Doctor
Sometimes I feel very tired and lack of concentration and severe drowsiness although I slept 6-7 hours a day, and I feel in the meantime, severe dryness in the eyes with a colon nervous and often these symptoms are either in the morning or when my stomach is full .
I'm not diabetic and thyroid tests sound but I am infected with high blood and high Alklestrul pressure.
What is the reason that the private sense of fullness in the head and a lack of focus .
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Mostly Stress

Detailed Answer:
Welcome To HCM. I am Dr Anshul Varshney. I understand your concern.

All this is mostly related to stress which could be work stress or family related stress.

I have a few questions:

1. Since how long are you feeling all this?

2. Are you on any Medicines?

3. Are you obese ?

4. Do you snore in night ?

5. Do you agree you have stress?

6. Have you checked your Vitamin D and Vitamin B12 levels.

Revert with the asked details for a better help.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Anshul Varshney 26 minutes later
Hi Dr and thanks for your reply here is the answers of your questions
1- Approximately 2 years.
2- yes I am hypertension and high cholesterol (Napril 10 mg, Natrilix 1.5mg and lescol xl 80)
3-Not sure but my weight 82 and hight 169.
4-Not sure but most probably no.
5- Strongly yes.
6- Time to time yes and it's on the lowest normal level last time before 2 months found it 30.
Note that I feel that my body defense very low due to influenza and sinus and thought infected .
Advice me Dr
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Stress induces.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Friend,
Since you have accepted that you have stress, I would attributed your symptoms to stress related tiredness only.

However, I would recommend you to get your Vitamin D and B12 done to check out if you have any deficiencies that can altogether cause tiredness.

My recommendations would be:
1. To sleep for at least 8 hours in a day, that too continuous sleep.

2. To go for morning walk and practice meditation.

3. Take a good multivitamin to help you boost your immune system.

4. In case, no response, a trial of SSRI like Paroxetine would surely help.

I hope it helps you.
If you have any further query, please ask me.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Anshul Varshney 20 minutes later
Thanks Dr
My final questions
1- what are things that keeps immune strong .
2- the medicine you mentioned above for how long and what is the concentration.

Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Exercises and fruits

Detailed Answer:
Hi, Following are your answers:
1. Best things to improve your immunity are fruits, green leafy vegetables, milk and dairy products. If you wish you may take a multivitamin regularly.

2. Paroxetine should be taken only under guidance of your doctor as it is a prescription medicine. Usual dosing is 12.5 mg to 25 mg a day and duration is decided based on the symptoms and relief.

I hope it helps you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng