What causes tiredness despite having normal MRI?

Posted on Mon, 8 Jun 2015 in Mental Health
Question: My son has been complaining of feeling "out of it" for about 5-6 weeks straight, describing symtoms like he has taken pills or is high - He has done extensive blood work, an mri of the brain, and infectious disease testing including for lyme disease. He is not depressed, nor does he have any other symtoms other than being a bit tired. No one has any idea what is causing this.
Answered by Dr. Matt Wachsman 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You see what there is....

Detailed Answer:
each organ system functioning is pretty testable.....
seeing that everything is where it should be (head ct, exam) then everything operating ok... electrolytes, signs of inflammation on cbc, sed rate, protein electrophoresis, chemistries, thyroid other hormone levels, iron level as ferritin....then everything is in its spot and working.

then feeling out of sorts. looking at appetite worries activities, goals job relationships

it's second set not the first set
Dr. Matt Wachsman

Addiction Medicine Specialist