What causes tiredness at night?

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda

Geriatrics Specialist

Posted on Mon, 6 Jun 2016 in Elderly Problems
Question: my wife typically has normal blood pressure of approx 140/70. tonight when we went to bed iit was 115/55 with pulse of 81. She says she's just tired. Do we need to see anyone tonight or can we wait until in the morning?
Answered by Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is normal limits only, not to worry.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking.
I am Dr. Prakash HM and I will be answering your query.
Based on your query, my opinion is as follows:

1. 115/55 is good blood pressure and nothing to be worried about.
2. Pulse rate is not high and is within normal limits. I would not be worried about my patients with this range.
3. Lying in sleeping position or relaxation affects blood pressure and is normal.
4. If the blood pressure falls below 100/50, then need to skip any medication she has for blood pressure (if any) and need to meet your doctor. These are day to day variations and vary with diet, exercises, hydration and emotional states.

You can wait till morning. Tiredness at the end of day is normal. She should be fine. Ask her to continue with normal fluids. Aleve would not affect her blood pressure and as it is within normal limits, not to worry.

Hope it helps.
Any further queries, here to help again.

Dr. Prakash HM