What causes tiredness after taking Depo-Provera?

Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Wed, 8 Mar 2017 in Women's Health
Question: I was on depo and I haven't had a shot since October I was suppose to go get my next shot last month but didnt and I been eating a whole lot and very tired but I took a test yesterday and it said negative so I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with me
Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It can be due to hormonal imbalance

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear and thanks for your query to healthcare magic.

I have read your question carefully and understand your health concern.

All the signs and symptoms you have may be due to hormonal imbalance .
Hormonal imbalance is due to use of depo shot and than switch off from October.

But you should exclude anemia while you feel weak .
Hence have a blood test done to exclude anemia(lack of blood cells or hemoglobin).

If you doesn't work or have any daily activities please exercise daily.

Hope I was helpful and please feel free for further discussion.

Best regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad