question-icon

What causes tiny skin tags in neck area?

Posted on Mon, 5 Oct 2015
Question: I have these tiny skin tags in my neck area. Is there a way to prevent them and what can i do at home to remove them. Liquid nitrogen left a scar.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney (47 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
No home remedy

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX
Thanks for being at healthcaremagic
There is no way to prevent the occurrence of skin tags although weight loss might help in few individuals.
As far as home remedies are concerned I don't recommend them. I have encountered many patients who tie a tight thread at the base of the tag and wait for it to fall off but this is most of the times associated with irritation or infection at the base of the tag.
You can consult a dermatologist and get it removed by radio frequency cautery.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist