What causes tiny itchy bumps on genitals?
They are the lighter colored bumps on my shaf
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
I read carefully your query and evaluated the pictures you have provided.
The tiny bumps on your genitals seems to be just Fordyce spots ,which are visible sebaceous glands.They are normal finding and usually don't cause any symptom at all.
The pictures doesn't indicate any possible infection.
I would need to ask you some questions to give you a better judgement :
-When did these bumps appear?
-The skin on your genitals is dry and itchy or only the bumps are itchy?
-The bumps in the other areas of your body appeared at the same time with the genital bumps or not?
-Are you sexually active ?
-Can you send me a picture of the bumps on your hands,legs so I evaluate if the are related or not?
I will be waiting for your reply.
And to answer your questions
-When did these bumps appear? i had one or two for a few months, the others started to appear after i had stayed in the hotel
-The skin on your genitals is dry and itchy or only the bumps are itchy? the skin on my genitals is dry and itchy only around the bumps. the dry spots are also sensitive to touch.
-The bumps in the other areas of your body appeared at the same time with the genital bumps or not? the others appeared around april 5th (which i was at the hotel at the time)
-Are you sexually active ? yes i am sexually active
-Can you send me a picture of the bumps on your hands,legs so I evaluate if the are related or not? i will take more pictures and upload them
these bumps are above the skin while the "fordyce" spots you speak of seem to be underneath the skin and do not itch nor are they dry.
Thank you for the information and the pictures .They were really helpful.
You are right,they are not Fordyce spots .In the closer pictures ,the bumps are raised ,skin colored .They might be genital warts or molluscum contagiosum .
The characteristic of the bumps on genital area are more indicative for genital warts and can be itching and sensitive but they don't spread in other areas of the body like hands,legs .
Molluscum contagiosum can affect every area of the body ,are small, firm, dome-shaped growths that can cause itchiness.Sometimes they can look like warts and the diagnosis can be difficult.In this case a dermatologist will will scrape off a bit of infected skin and examine it under microscope.
This infection can be transmitted through direct contact of through sharing clothes,towels,wrestling etc.
I don't think these bumps are related with the hotel episode because the bumps usually will develop 2 weeks up to few months after the exposure.
I would suggest to consult a dermatologist to confirm the diagnosis and get treated.
Let me know if you need further help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What might have cause itchy bumps on spine
- What causes itchiness and bumps in the butt crack
- What causes itchy red bumps in the groin area
- What causes itchy smallflattish bumps on the skin
- What could cause itchiness and white bump on the butt
- What causes itchy bumps behind the neck area
- Causes of tiny itchy bumps on bellybutton
- Genital bumps caused by sugar
- What causes white itchy bump on anus
- What causes itchy scalp bumps
- Does Methamphetamine show up in hair drug test?
- Is medication required for cholesterol level of 5.1?
- Is frequent urination a symptom of heart attack?
- Suggest treatment for redness ad burning sensation of scrotal area
- What causes dizziness and nausea?
- What causes swelling on penis foreskin?
- Suggest remedy to loose belly fat and stretch marks
- What causes hard lymph node under right jaw?
- What causes painful bulge on penis post intercourse?
- What causes difficulty in climbing stairs and leg weakness?