What causes tiny black specks on toilet paper after wiping rectal region?
Movements I go once a day I drink almost a gallon of water a day and eat 5 small meals a day but for about the last month I have notice I have not ale bowl movements but when I whip on the toilet paper there a tiny little black specs no blood or anything and it does look like there is a small amount of mucus as well I do know I have been eating more sweets and chocolate due to the holidays I was wondering if this was something I should be concerned about or if it was bleeding
as explained in details.
Thanks for your query.
Noted your history well and understood your concerns.
To recapitulate: Female/31 - BM once a day - gallon of water a day - 5 small meals - tiny little black specks, no blood, small amount of mucus on toilet paper on whipping - bloating, nausea and gases on eating dairy - eating more sweats and chocolates due to holidays - rectal itching at night - sweat a lot as sleep with 3 big dogs ... wants to know if there is anything to worry about...
As per the history you have provided, the allergy/intolerance to dairy and sweating in perianal area might have been the cause of itching at night as well as the desquamated skin along with typical saphrophytic bacterial action can cause to have black specks on toilet papers; as fresh blood will appear red and not black.
I would advise the following:
Stop dairy and dairy products strictly.
wash the anal area with plain water and to keep the area dry and apply liquid povidone iodine once or twice daily to keep the area sterile.
Take multivitamins as anti-oxidants to keep skin healthy.
Take a single course of medicine active against worms as there is night-time itching on empirical basis.
Get the stool and blood tested.
Add on the medicines as per the reports.
I hope, this answer helps you, please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.
No tarry stools which indicate bleeding high up.
If there would have been bleeding higher up, the stool will appear black and not only on wiping. Hence the local cause as explained. Hence the necessity of stool exam as it helps proving or ruling out certain problems.
Get the tests done.
See the result on stopping dairy and its any products and other foods and beverages that can cause such a problem as mentioned by you.
Carry on the other measures which you are already doing and /or as suggested.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes orange rectal discharge
- What causes urinary retention after surgery for rectal cancer
- What causes yellow rectal mucus
- What causes rectal blood clots
- What causes rectal bleeding prior to periods
- What causes rectal bleeding in jail
- What causes rectal bleeding after bowel movements
- What causes itchy rectal opening
- What causes severe rectal pain
- What causes blood in urine with rectal cancer
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in foot from hip to toe
- Suggest treatment for gall bladder stones
- What causes pain and bleeding post rectocele repair surgery?
- Suggest treatment for gastritis
- What causes chest pain and abdominal pain?
- What does this ultrasonongraphy report indicate?
- What causes whitish color of outside of urethra?
- What causes skin growth on buttocks oozing pus?
- What does this EKG report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for darkened glans penis