What causes tinnitus with loss of hearing?
Thank you for contacting HCM with your health care concerns
You have had a ringing in your ear for 2 weeks with loss of hearing. This is possibly due to a growth on your nerve called an acoustic neuroma. The steroids will not help. I strongly recommend that you see a specialist in ENT ear, nose and throat. You will need to have an MRI to rule out an acoustic neuroma. That would be the first and foremost way for you to proceed. Waiting will not improve your hearing or help stop the ringing.
I hope I answered your question. Please contact us again if you have any additional questions
There is no other treatment
At this point there is no other treatment to regain your hearing or to stop the ringing. The best thing to do about the ringing at night is to have a radio or sound machine on. The other sounds will distract your mind from the ringing and you will be less distracted by the ringing.
I am sorry to report there is no medicines that will help your problem
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can a sinus infection cause tinnitus and hearing loss
- What causes pulsatile tinnitus during pregnancy
- What is the cause and treatment for tinnitus
- Carbimazole cause tinnitus and hearing loss
- Noise in ear sudden hearing loss white noise tinnitus cause
- What is tinnitus
- Sensorineural hearing loss and tinnitus
- What is tinnitus caused by
- Tinnitus causes
- Tinnitus no hearing loss