What causes tinnitus, anxious, tingling in the fingers and metallic taste in the mouth?

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Mon, 14 May 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I am 60 very athletic. I shoveled this morning and came in light headed, with ears ringing louder than normal. I feel and have felt a sense of anxiousness. I had some tingling in my right fingers though started some r shoulder exercises yesterday. I had a metalic metal taste in my mouth and had some difficulty swallowing.

I had a stress test 4 yrs ago and no problems. I take a baby aspirin a day and generic nexium 40 mg for Barat's, and a statin 10 mg for raised cholestrerol. I work out 4x/wk and walk 4-5 mi daily.

I am also urinating frequently and having multiple small bowel movements.

I am 6'1'' and 185 lbs. I am very active including: 4x/wk spin +row+weights, daily hiking 4-5 mi, mountain biking, water skiing, wind surfing, sea kayaking, tennis, x skiing, downhill skiing, snow shoeing, fly fishing,...
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Lowering of blood pressure and urinary tract infection to consider.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and first of all let me congratulate you about being such an active person.

I have read your queries and understand your concerns.

Symptoms like yours may indicate that there was a temporary lowering of blood pressure that may be related to the physical exertion or even a hot shower for example.

In this view, I don't think you need to be worried much.

Monitoring the blood pressure serially for a couple of days is necessary to understand more correctly your condition.

About the increased urination frequency, an infection of the genito-urinary tract should be considered, so please get a urine routine and microscopic analysis first. An increased volume of the prostate may also be considered.

Please discuss with your primary care Doctor about these issues.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Kind regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee