• question-icon

What causes tingling sensations in the neck?

Posted on Fri, 11 Aug 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: This week I've been experiencing a tingling sensation on the right/rear side of my neck. To the best of my knowledge I haven't done anything obvious to cause this. I work at a desk, but have a standing
desk so I'm not sitting all of the time, and my posture is reasonably good. Other than stretching my neck, what else can I do to stop the tingling? Thank you! XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
MRI Cervical Spine/Antineuralgic medicines.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for being on Healthcaremagic.com.
I am Dr.Ajay Panwar, a neurologist, here to answer your query.

Neck pain on right side with tingling sensation is likely due to spondylotic cervical spine changes. So, a MRI of cervical spine should be done in order to diagnose the same.

In this situation, in addition to cervical extension exercises, antineuralgic medicines like Pregabalin or Duloxetine along with methylcobalamin supplementation will help. Further, calcium and vitamin D supplementation should also be taken.

Hope that helps.If you have any further questions,I shall be glad to have you in follow-up.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Ajay Panwar

Neurologist