What causes tingling sensation near the wound after taking Rabipur injections?

Dr. Anshul Varshney

Posted on Fri, 10 Mar 2017 in Infections
Question: Hello,

I got a scratch 1 month ago and then within 16 hours I consulted a doctor and he advised me to take 5 rabipur injections on 0,3,7,14 and 28 I took all of them now I am just feeling little tingling near the scratch and just to let you know when dog scratched me I was wearing jeans and it was just a scratch, do I need to take more vaccines please answer as I am very nervous also I consumed alcohol while I was taking vaccines
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Nothing to worry.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome To HCM. I am Dr Anshul Varshney. I understand your concern.

First of all your risk was very low risk. Moreover you have been vaccinated.
So I don't find anything to worry.

You might be just having tingling due to anxiety.
It's certainly not related to rabies.

Just relax.
You are safe.

I hope it helps you.
If you have any further query, please ask me.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Anshul Varshney 4 hours later
Hello and thanks for reply
Is 5 doses of rabipur taken on 0,3,7,14 and 28 days are enough? I also consumed alcohol during those days??
Do I need to take more vaccines or any booster vaccines available just to clear my doubts please let me know
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not required

Detailed Answer:
Hi. Just 5 shots of vaccines as detailed by you are enough. No need of booster dose.
Alcohol should be ideally avoided during the vaccination just to avoid the risk of reaction. It doesn't reduce the efficacy of vaccine.
Good Luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Anshul Varshney 31 hours later
Thanks again for your reply and again sorry for bothering you with one more question, does every nurse know how to inject rabipur injections I mean mixing powder with liquid ????? Also what should I do for itching ??? Is it a cause for concern???
Brief Answer:
Yes

Detailed Answer:
Yes every nurse knows how to give such injection. I don't find any thing to worry.
You may take Levocetrizine for the purpose of itching.