What causes tingling sensation near laceration on forehead after injury?

Dr. T Shobha Deepak

Posted on Thu, 10 Sep 2015 in General Health
Question: A ladder I was on slid and when it hit the ground (around a ten foot drop) I hit my forehead on the rung last night around 7pm. I headed to the quick care for some stitches I do not have any headaches, no dizziness, and equal pupils but I still have a tingling (pins and needles) near the laceration on my forehead and also a bit higher up on the head. My thought is that the nerves got shocked a bit and the sensation will go away. Do you think I should go to my doctor for further evaluation ?
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
There is no cause for concern

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day

Dear Sir

Tingling sensation is quite common after suturing of the wound and is likely to be due to local anaesthesia used while stitching.
In the absence of vomiting, intense headache, there is unlikely to be any cause for concern. Adequate rest, analgesics and good sleep will take care of the issue

Do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you

Take Care

Best Regards
Dr Shobha Deepak
MBBS,MD