What causes tingling sensation in thigh?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 16 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: Have seen a chiropractor twice for upper middle back pain. both times he did electric therapy and then what I believe is a spinal adjustment. Now left thigh is tingling day . Is this related? What is going on.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Due to nerve irritation.

Detailed Answer:
The tingling in the left thigh is likely to be due to a mild disc prolapse or nerve root irritation at the level of lower lumbar spine. You can get an MRI scan done to find out the changes in your discs. For this condition you have to do stretching & strengthening exercises in which you have to stretch tight muscle & strengthen weakened ones which will alleviate stress on facet joint and disc.
- Maintain optimum body weight,if you are obese
- Avoid lifting heavy weights as it imparts more strain on your back
Such minor symptoms are usually taken care of by Methylcobalamin supplements which you can take after consulting your orthopedician.
Do not lift heavy objects, especially after bending down. Eat a healthy wholesome meal which should satisfy your minerals and proteins requirement.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Follow up: Dr. Praveen Tayal 8 minutes later
Thank you for your response. Do you think the treatments at the chiropractor are what caused this? It just seems coincidental. I am supposed to go back to chiro tomorrow but am nervous to do so if it is going to further irritate this tingling sensation. What would you advise, and once again thank you.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Avoid the sessions.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
It can be due to chiropractic adjustment. It is best to consult an orthopedician and avoid these sessions for few days.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.