What causes tingling sensation in the thighs?

Dr. Ralph Chambers

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Back Pain
Question: I hurt my lower back 4 weeks ago exercising and went to see a chiropractor. It seemed to be getting better and then Monday he did an adjustment on my back and it was hurting again on Tuesday. Went again yesterday and told him that whatever he did on Monday has made my back hurt more. Last night my back was very stiff, today my entire lower back is hurting and I have tingling in the front of both my thighs. I have taken advil. I did get in the floor this morning and pulled my knees to my chest to try and stretch, now I'm having trouble getting up and down. Any suggestions?
Answered by Dr. Ralph Chambers 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Hello. This sounds like a disc problem

Detailed Answer:
Hello. The the thigh tingling is indicative of one or more nerve roots being compressed, probably from one or more damaged/ruptured discs in you lower back.

Chiropractic therapy can actually make this worse, so you need to see your doctor for an MRI scan of your lumbar spine and, if it is a ruptured disc problem, were I your doctor, I would refer you to a physiatrist--a physical medicine and rehabilitation MD specialist--for a customized treatment program that should help your symptoms.

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee