What causes tingling sensation in the penis and testicles?

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Mon, 27 Mar 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have a tingling in my genital area ( penis and testicles). I've been married for 25yrs, my wife has been my only sex partner. I've had the feeling off and on for a few months, but lately, it seems to be happening more often. It is not painful, nor do I notice any other symptom. I'm 54 yrs old, while male, somewhat overweight. 6'1" and 260lbs.
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Examinations are necessary to achieve a correct diagnosis.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HCM.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

It is difficult to find the disease just by one symptom, so, examinations in such case, take an important role in achieving the correct diagnosis.

Conditions that may cause tingling in genital area include infections (herpes, clamydia etc.even if you didn't have any other sex partners), pudendal nerve damage, or compression, lumbar spine stenosis ( herniated disc disease, spondylolisthesis ), etc.

Examinations needed to achieve a correct diagnosis include imaging of lumbar spine imaging (MRI), lab tests about STD.

Discuss with your primary care Doctor about getting examined further.

Treatment options depend on diagnosis.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Kind regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad