What causes tingling sensation in the penile head?

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Tue, 17 Apr 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hello

I have recently been dealing with tingling/pain in the head of my penis. It started a couple months ago and went from very faint to more noticable feelings. It is more of a tingling feeling but recently it has become more noticable and painful. I got tested for stds and everything came back negative. After the negative tests the pain went away for a couple months. Then recently it has reappeared.This pain seems to be the only symptom but im not sure what it could be. Any idea what this is and how to cure it ?
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Taking methylcobalamine (Vitamin B12) should help

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. Your symptoms could occur due to peripheral neuropathy and deficiency of Vitamin B12 could also give rise to such a presentation. Taking methylcobalamine (Vitamin B12) 1500 mcg supplement per day for at least a couple of weeks should help in improving the situation.

Let me know if I could help further.