What causes tingling sensation in the neck area?

Dr. Arnab Banerjee

Critical Care Specialist

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: For almost 2-weeks, I began experiencing a tingling sensation in my left neck area. It started very minor at my chin and proceeded to my ear. The past day or two, I have experienced it going to the back of my head. Today, it was felt in the whole left side of my face. It only last for 10-15 seconds, but has increased its activity to 4-5 times a day. There is NO pain. It happens in the day and the night.
Answered by Dr. Arnab Banerjee 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
you need to get clinically examined and investigated thoroughly ..

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX XXXX, Welcome to HCM,
I've gone through your query and understand your concern,

All these symptoms can be secondary due to nerve compression around the cervical region and since it's increased over past few days, I'd strongly advice you to get yourself evaluated by a Neurologist without any further delay..

Blood pressure monitoring is necessary too..pain's not a necessary finding in this regard..

There'll be a need to undergo few relevant investigations as per the clinical findings (eg. CBC, Electrolytes, Vit D3, B-12, FBS, PPBS, 12 lead EKG, along with imaging study like X-ray of the cervical spine and/ MRI), management depends on the findings primarily..

Let me know how you stay in the due course..

Let me know if there's any further queries, I'll be glad to clarify..

Take Care
Kind Regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee