• question-icon

What causes tingling sensation in the hands while on Bumex?

Posted on Fri, 8 Jul 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I have a problem with Diamox and metabolic acidosis. Was put on Bumex for pseduotumor cerebri. Woke up this am with tingling in my hands, feet and lips. Vomiting is also a problem for me. Should I hold Bumex till I speak to my PCP???
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Hanif 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes, stop taking the drug and consult your PCP right away about the same!!!

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM and I appreciate your trust in this health platform. I have carefully reviewed your query and want to add that you should stop taking Bumex right away and call front desk of your PCP for an early appointment to discuss the things in-person.

The tingling in your hands, feet and lips are thought to be considerable side effects of the drug and in such a situation it is better to hold the drug till further orders by the treating Physician.

You can contact me anytime for more assistance, if needed, and I will be more than happy to get back to you in no time. My direct contact link is: tinyurl.com/drhanifmd

Regards!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Muhammad Hanif 9 hours later
Sorry to bother you again. Whole body is tingling. And I have horrible cotton mouth. Also, very dizzy. PCP isn't in till tomorrow. Does this warrrent an ED visit???
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Hanif 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes, it is best to visit an ER right away!

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back and I appreciate your concerns here. You definitely need to visit an ER as soon as possible as this isn't the situation that you should wait for your PCP.

Hope it helps. Please don't hesitate to ask for more assistance if needed at any point. I will be more than happy to help in no time.

Regards!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Muhammad Hanif