• question-icon

What causes tingling sensation in the hands and feet?

Posted on Tue, 8 Aug 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: I am researching information regarding antibiotic toxicity. After being prescribed ZPak antibiotic
2 years ago i woke up one day and i was numb from my feet to may waist. constant tingling in my hands and feet and I still have the same symptoms and several other problems such as rashes, liver disease, and neuropathy.
Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Symptoms are suggestive of neuropathy.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for being on healthcaremagic.com.
I am Dr.Ajay Panwar,a neurologist, here to answer your query.

The tingling and numbness symptoms from feet to waist which you have mentioned are suggestive of neuropathy. It may not be likely that antibiotic for few days would have caused neuropathy.If at all, it would have been due to antibiotic use, it would likely have improved gradually after discontinuing the medicine.

I feel other causes of neuropathy should be considered first, rather than a few days of antibiotic use.

Hope that helps.If you have any further questions,I shall be glad to have you in follow-up.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)
Dr. Ajay Panwar

Neurologist