What causes tingling sensation in the feet after taking Conidine?

Question
Hi..I am 47 and within the last week I checked my blood pressure while having a cold and taking Nyquil and it was very high...went to the e.r...they thought it was from the Nyquil so they gave me Clonidine and it went down..in checking it on Monday night, it was up again. Went back to the er. Started me on Norvasc in the am once daily and then If it was high in the evening than take a clonidine. Most evenings since I have had to take the clonidine at bedtime because it goes back up. After taking this last night, I got tingling in my feet ..kinda like they were cold and tingling..today when I was walking, I had a heaviness in my legs...is this a normal side effect?

Mon, 16 Apr 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Nishad BN 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
It can be due to hypotension.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thank you for asking HCM

I have gone through your query with diligence. If you were my patient then I would avoid clonidine and suggest telmisartan (angiotensin receptor blocker) than amlodipine(norvasc). It is better to record your Blood pressure daily. It will take some days to get it normalized.
Get an ecg(electrocardiography) also to rule out cardiac problems to be on safe side.

Let me know if anything not clear.
I am happy to help you.
Thanks.