What causes tingling sensation in the chest and pain in the left arm?

Dr. Arnab Banerjee

Critical Care Specialist

Posted on Fri, 16 Sep 2016 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: URGENT

Pins and needles in the chest and pain down the left arm what should I do. I was in A&E last night and they said all was OK.
Answered by Dr. Arnab Banerjee 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
relax, calm down, first 3-4 hours is the most important phase..

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX welcome back,

I've gone through your query and understand your concern..

With all those previous attacks mentioned in your previous queries, and the fact that A&E didn't find anything significant, means your simply having another panic attack..

Please calm down, sit down, close your eyes and relax for a minute..take deep breaths, inhale deep and exhale slowly from your mouth- continue it for next 10 minutes and observe how you stay..

Yes, you can simply take another Lansoprazole right away and wait for next 15 minutes, if still feeling the same then take a Tab PARACETAMOL 650 mg after some food..

This time after this settles down, I'd strongly recommend you for a detailed visit with a Psychiatrist for a detailed clinical check-up as well as a detailed discussion for cognitive behavior therapy and other relaxation methods(it's very effective in relieving this anxiety attacks)

With all these being said, please note that if this doesn't settle down within the next hour/ gets worsen then you should visit A&E again (but not likely for a heart attack but for acute anxiety and panic attack because it's an emergency medical condition too)

Let me know how you stay in the due course..

Take Care
Kind Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee