What causes tingling sensation in the arms?

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Thu, 30 Mar 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: every now and then i feel a tingling sensation in both my arms and fingures it seems to come and go.Any ideas?
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Peripheral nerves involvement.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HealthcareMagic
I have read your question and understand your concerns.

Tingling sensation mostly indicates peripheral nerves involvement.

Conditions that may cause it include peripheral neuropathy (diabetes, viral infections, alcohol-if any, low vitamin B12, side effects of certain drugs, etc.), nerves compression syndromes, (carpal and ulnar tunnel syndromes), pinched nerves at their exit from spinal cord.

Getting evaluated by a Neurologist and by tests such nerve conduction study etc., is necessary to get a correct diagnosis.

Hope you found the answer helpful. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee