What causes tingling sensation in testicles?

Posted on Wed, 29 Oct 2014 in Testicle Problems
Question: Hi there
I have had tingling in the testicles for three months now. Comes and goes. I also have four bulged discs in the lumber section. Could this be the cause. Been tested for diabetes. Herpes and all stds. MRI on my back showed that there is no nerve damage. What's may be causing this?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to bulging discs.

Detailed Answer:
The occasional tingling can be due to bulging discs. Abnormal levels of calcium, potassium, or sodium in your body and a lack of vitamin B12 can also cause tingling sensations.

Firstly, I’ll request you to get your blood sugar/HbA1c (glycated hemoglobin) tested to rule out Diabetes mellitus. Also get your thyroid hormones levels evaluated. You can take some vit B12 and electrolyte rich fluids like Garotade for some days and see if the symptoms improve.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon