What causes tingling sensation in shoulder and finger tips?

Dr. Deepika Patil

General Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 2 Sep 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: My blood pressure is 161/90 and my right arm tingles from the top of the shoulder to my finger tips. should i be overly concerned. II am currently on bp meds
Correction...I'm taking LOSARTAN POTASSIUM 50 mg
Answered by Dr. Deepika Patil 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
see below answer

Detailed Answer:
Hi Mam,

Welcome to HealthcareMagic .

The drugs you are taking for BP are unlikely to cause tingling in hand. I would suggest you to consult your doctor and rule out the cause of tingling if it persisit for more then 2 to 3days

commonly it is caused by wrong position of sleeping which reduces itself by one day. Other cause is vitamin b12 deficiency or presences of cervical rib compressing nerves.

Hope I have answered your query . If any further queries are there I would love to help.

Dr.Deepika Patil
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj