What causes tingling sensation in shoulder and finger tips?

General Surgeon
Question
My blood pressure is 161/90 and my right arm tingles from the top of the shoulder to my finger tips. should i be overly concerned. II am currently on bp meds
Correction...I'm taking LOSARTAN POTASSIUM 50 mg
Posted Sun, 31 Aug 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Deepika Patil 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
see below answer

Detailed Answer:
Hi Mam,

Welcome to HealthcareMagic .

The drugs you are taking for BP are unlikely to cause tingling in hand. I would suggest you to consult your doctor and rule out the cause of tingling if it persisit for more then 2 to 3days

commonly it is caused by wrong position of sleeping which reduces itself by one day. Other cause is vitamin b12 deficiency or presences of cervical rib compressing nerves.

Hope I have answered your query . If any further queries are there I would love to help.

Dr.Deepika Patil