What causes tingling sensation in neck and left shoulder?
The symptoms you are reporting are important to evaluate further. When I see a person with diabetes in my practice, who presents to me with complaints similar to yours I refer them to the emergency room to make sure there is no stroke-like problem.
People with diabetes are at a higher risk for stroke.
Tingling on one side of the body can be a sign of such a problem.
However, do not panic and speak with your primary care provider as to the next best step in this situation.
Circulation problems do not generally result in symptoms of this nature.
Blood tests like
CMP are helpful because electrolyte problems such as low calcium can also cause tingling in limbs
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes tingling sensation in the back between shoulder blades
- What causes numbness and tingling sensation in my hands
- What could cause tingling sensation in left hand
- What causes tingling sensation in head
- What causes tingling sensation on face
- What could be the cause for tingling sensation inside ears
- What causes pulsating pain and tingling sensation in left leg
- What causes pain and tingling sensation in hands
- Tingling sensation in arm finger what could be the cause
- Getting tingling sensation in foot what is causing this