What causes tingling sensation in left shoulder?
Please send answer to XXXXX as follows: YYYY@YYYY
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
Tingling and other abnormal sensations are usually related to nerve related disease.
It is called neuropathy- this is abnormal function of the nerves.
There are different possible causes such as: (a) vitamin b12 or folate deficiency
(c)trauma to the area which can cause damage or compression of nerves eg arthritis
(d)liver or kidney disease
(e)infection such as shingles
(f)side effect of medication
(g)some hormonal causes such as some cases of thyroid disease or in autoimmune conditions such as lupus, rheumatoid
(h)exposure to toxins
If it is significant tingling and you wish to know the exact cause, you would need to be examined and need to have blood tests done.
Blood tests would be vitamin b12 and folate levels, liver/kidney function tests, diabetes screening.
There are medications that can help with neuropathy that your doctor can prescribe if needed.
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes tingling sensation in the back between shoulder blades
- What causes numbness and tingling sensation in my hands
- What could cause tingling sensation in left hand
- What causes tingling sensation in head
- What causes tingling sensation on face
- What could be the cause for tingling sensation inside ears
- What causes pulsating pain and tingling sensation in left leg
- What causes pain and tingling sensation in hands
- Tingling sensation in arm finger what could be the cause
- Getting tingling sensation in foot what is causing this