question-icon

What causes tingling sensation in hands post intake of Flagyl?

Posted on Thu, 21 Jul 2016
Question: I have tingling hands the first night on Flagyl should I be concerned about this or should I only be concerned about multiple side effects listed occurring?
Answered by Dr. V. N. S. Parinam (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Not serious

Detailed Answer:

Was Flagyl a single dose or a 7 day course given to you? What is the dose given?
You may experience this kind of new symptoms with first dose of Flagyl. Though Metronidazole is the first choice of drug for vaginitis it is not being prescribed in developed countries because of its unwanted side effects.
I suggest you to wait for couple of days and you will soon fade away the tingling. If it persists you can go back to your doctor.
Yes this is a listed side effect that you might have already searched and read.
Thank you for posting this query here.

Let me know your thoughts.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar
Dr. V. N. S. Parinam