What causes tingling sensation in hands and feet?
MRI and nerve conduction study
Hello. I have been through your question and understand your concern.
I think you have been consulted on line about possible causes, so you have ruled out the most common ones, like PVD and diabetes.
At this point you should rule out the neurological causes. First thing to rule out is a cervical spine MRI because since the sensation involves all the limbs a possible posterior compression of the medulla from the back can explain these symptoms. BUT, there must be some other neurological feature coming along with your complaints. That is why you should begin with a neurological physical exam by consulting a neurologist, possibly an experienced one.
Once you rule out the eventual spinal cause, you should proceed with nerve conduction study, which is a test that measures the speed of the conduction of your nerves.
If these two are normal, then there is nothing AT ALL to worry about.
Hope this helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could cause tingling sensation in left hand
- What causes numbness and tingling sensation in my hands
- What causes tingling sensation in head
- Tingling sensation in hands fingers have osteoarthritis cause
- What is the tingling sensation in my hands and feet
- What causes tingling sensation on face
- What causes tingling sensation in my hands while writing
- What causes pain and tingling sensation in hands
- Getting tingling sensation in foot what is causing this
- What causes tingling sensation and numbness in hands and arms
- Is an fistula and cauda equina syndrome interrelated?
- What causes lower back pain?
- Does Adderall cause pain in temple, neck pain and muscle tightness?
- Suggest treatment for Petit Mal seizures
- Suggest remedy for sudden onset of vertigo
- What Vitamin B12 supplements can be taken by a multiple sclerosis patient?
- Suggest treatment for loss of consciousness along with head trauma
- Suggest treatment for genital dysaesthesia
- What does the following spinal MRI findings indicate?
- What does my CT scan indicate?