What causes tingling sensation in forehead?

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Mon, 6 Jun 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: head has been tingling and forhead what could b wrong its been duin that for quite awhile plz help
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Needs work up .

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

i read your question and i understand your concern. Forehead tingling could be due to may reasons. A headache, a sinus involvements, exposure to cold air, prolonged lying down on a single side or prone etc.

There are some neurological causes like facial nerve palsy , trigeminal neuralgia, tics etc that can manifest as forehead tingling at start. With tingling involving back as wel as one side of the body, i would suspect neurological cause and would recommend a complete neurological examination and thorough workup to sort out the cause . Management will be then accordingly.

I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.

Khan