What causes tingling sensation in buttocks?
might be due to pin worm infestation, tablet Albendazole
Thanks for writing to us.
I have gone through your query.
One of the common cause which can present with the symptoms that you have mentioned is pin worm infestation.
Have you noted alteration in your bowel habits recently?
Symptoms are usually more pronounced at night time.
I advise you must get at least 3 consecutive stool samples tested. You can also apply cellulose acetate tape in morning and send it for microscopy examination for parasites. Also get your full haemogram done.
Albendazole is the most common treatment for pinworms. Treatment is a single tablet (400 mg), which kills the worms. Because eggs can survive for a few weeks, the patient will have to take a second dose two weeks later to lessen the chance of reinfection. Maintain good hygiene and properly do hand washing.
Hope this helps.
three consecutive sample need to be tested.
Good to hear from you.
As suggested earlier, 3 consecutive sample need to be tested. I feel it is less likely to be related to degeneration of the disc.
I would suggest you to talk with the consulting doctor and take decision on the Albendazole.
Hope this helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes tingling sensation over spleen area
- What causes numbness and tingling sensation in my hands
- What causes tingling sensation in head
- What causes tingling sensation in testicles and lower buttocks
- What causes tingling sensation on face
- What could be the cause for tingling sensation inside ears
- What causes pain and tingling sensation in hands
- Tingling sensation in arm finger what could be the cause
- What causes tingling sensation and numbness in hands and arms
- Getting tingling sensation in foot what is causing this