What causes tingling sensation in buttocks?

Posted on Sat, 12 Dec 2015 in General Health
Question: why do I have tingling in my buttocks when I sit or lay down? when can help relieve it? thanks
Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
might be due to pin worm infestation, tablet Albendazole

Detailed Answer:
Hi
I have gone through your query.
One of the common cause which can present with the symptoms that you have mentioned is pin worm infestation.
Have you noted alteration in your bowel habits recently?
Symptoms are usually more pronounced at night time.

I advise you must get at least 3 consecutive stool samples tested. You can also apply cellulose acetate tape in morning and send it for microscopy examination for parasites. Also get your full haemogram done.

Albendazole is the most common treatment for pinworms. Treatment is a single tablet (400 mg), which kills the worms. Because eggs can survive for a few weeks, the patient will have to take a second dose two weeks later to lessen the chance of reinfection. Maintain good hygiene and properly do hand washing.

Hope this helps.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Ashwini Kolur 29 minutes later
I forgot to mention that I have degeneration disc in my lower back I did send still samples in for another problem, and all came back OK. thanks
Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
three consecutive sample need to be tested.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Good to hear from you.
As suggested earlier, 3 consecutive sample need to be tested. I feel it is less likely to be related to degeneration of the disc.
I would suggest you to talk with the consulting doctor and take decision on the Albendazole.
Hope this helps.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Ashwini Kolur