What causes tingling sensation and numbness in the pelvic area and white milky discharge from the penis?

Dr. Michelle Gibson James

Posted on Fri, 8 Mar 2019 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I have a tingling and numbness in my pelvic area a white milky discharge from my penis, during my last Doctors visit The doctor told me that my kidneys were stressed do I have an STD or UTI
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is possible, may need repeat assessment.

Detailed Answer:

It is possible that you do have an infection of the genital tract with a history of a discharge, though this would need to be confirmed by a visit to your doctor.

Urinary tract infections would normally present with urinary symptoms such as discomfort on urination, the frequency of urination, change in the color or odor of the urine.

It would best to send a urine sample and sample of the discharge to the lab for analysis.

The tingling and numbness may be related to the infection though there are other causes.

It may be permanent or temporary. It is called neuropathy because it is due to abnormal function of the nerve.

In some persons, the exact cause is not found.

Some of the other possible causes include-
(1) low vitamin b12 or folate
(2) thyroid disease
(3) liver or kidney disease- may be due to kidney disease, if present
(4) abnormal levels of vitamin b6
(5) side effect of medication
(6) diabetes
(7) trauma to the nerves
(8) autoimmune diseases such as lupus or RA

Blood tests and x rays of the back would help determine if any of these are present.

I hope this helps.

Dr. Michelle Gibson James, General & Family Physician