What causes tingling sensation and numbness in the lip?
Root canal treatment can be done
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. I would insist you to go for root canal treatment. It will kill the sensitive nerve endings of the affected tooth but will preserve the tooth structure. A capping over the tooth will ensure that the structure is retained. You do not necessarily need to go for tooth extraction. Discuss with your dentist and he will do the needful.
Let me know if I could help further.
It can be a good sign
Thanks for the update. The paresthesia is a complication possibly caused by the mandibular nerve getting irritated, inflamed or bruised during the procedure. It may last for a few weeks or less although occasionally it can go on for 6-12 months. You have to be patient. The parasthesia is actually a good sign indicating that the nerve may be on it's way back to healing after the injury.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Quit smoking causing numbness and tingling sensation
- Tingle sensation/ numbness causes
- What causes numbness and tingling sensation in my hands
- What causes tingling sensation in head
- What causes tingling sensation in upper lip and face
- Had numb lips and tingling sensation on cheek suggest
- What causes tingling sensation on face
- I feel a tingle sensation and numbing of my lips
- What could cause numbness and tingling sensation of limbs
- What causes tingling sensation and numbness in hands and arms