What causes tingling sensation and numbness in the leg?

Dr. Bruno Mascarenhas

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Wed, 14 Sep 2016 in Brain and Spine
Question: Over the past 6-8 months i have had tingling, itching and occasional slight numbness in leg and side of face.
Answered by Dr. Bruno Mascarenhas 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please clarify the side

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HealthCareMagic.com I am Dr.J XXXXXXX Anto Bruno Mascarenhas. I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help you.

I understand that you have Tingling Itching and Slight Numbness in leg and side of face

In this regard, I want to ask you whether you are having the issues in the same side (right side of face and right side of leg) or in one face and opposite leg (right side of face and left leg)

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Bruno Mascarenhas 1 hour later
I am having numbness in right side of face and leg
Brief Answer:
To proceed Further, you need to undergo 1. Clinical Evaluation 2. Fundus examination

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir

Numbness on Right Side of the Face and Right Leg can be due to the following causes

1. Problems in Left Frontal Lobe
2. Problems in Right Side of Cervical Spinal Cord

To proceed Further, you need to undergo
1. Clinical Evaluation
2. Fundus Examination
3. Charting of Muscle Power of all joints
4. Detailed Sensory Examination

You have to consult a Neurosurgeon for further evaluation

In addition to the above, you may also require XRay, CT and MRI Scans of Brain and Cervical Spine

Hope you found the answer helpful.

If you need any clarification / have doubts / have additional questions / have follow up questions, then please do not hesitate in asking again. I will be happy to answer your questions.

Best Wishes for Speedy Recovery
Let me know if I can assist you further.

-oOo-

PS 1 : After all your doubts have been cleared, kindly (a) Close this Question (b) Rate my Replies and (c) Give your Feedback.

PS 2 : In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly in HealthCareMagic at http://bit.ly/askdrbruno
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar