Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

198 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What causes tingling sensation after urination with negative STD test?

Answered by
Dr. S. Murugan

HIV AIDS Specialist

Practicing since :1974

Answered : 2745 Questions

Posted on Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in HIV and AIDS
Question: Dear Doctor,

I am Male 30. I have contacted you regarding my problem. By mistake, I allowed my girl friend to do a blow job and then had some problems like stress, burning irritation during urination and thus I approached you and gone through some STD tests and shown you the reports. The reports came as negative for STD. But I am still having the following symptoms

1. tingling (uncomfortable) after urination which stays for around 5 minutes.
2. Hot urine (for the past 6 months)
3. occasionally itching sensation happens on the skin covering the penis
4. likely to see redness in the head of the penis

No discharge or Found Pus cells:2-3 (But XXXXXXX normal). I couldn't spot any other symptoms. Could you please me in diagnosing the problem and prescribe some medicines.

Thank you very much,
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yeast infection is a possibility

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM.
Thanks for posting your query.

Through oral sex two problems can occur commonly.
1.Herpes simplex infection
2. Yeast infection.

You had not mentioned any blisters or ulcers. So I ruled out the possibility of Herpes with you.
Hot urine is normal. As the urine comes from abdomen and bladder it will be hot and it should be.
All the other symptoms explained by you as occasional tingling, itching and redness can occur with Yeast infection. Anti-fungal creams like Clotrimazole and tablet Flucanazole will help in this situation, if it is confirmed by inspection and investigations. Your sex partners also have to be treated simultaneously. Otherwise you may likely to have a relapse.
Consult a Dermato-Venereologist. He will help you in this regard.
Get well soon.
Dr S.Murugan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. S. Murugan 40 hours later
Dear Doctor,

Thank you very much for your reply. Can you please prescribe the suitable medications for Yeast infection & Herpes. Such as how long, quantity and when should I take those medicines(like Morning, Afternoon and evening) Before / After food. I was unable to visit a Doctor at present. I again thank you for your kind reply.
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 19 hours later
Brief Answer:
Acyclovir-Herpes, oral Flucanazole-yeast -preferred

Detailed Answer:

Unfortunately the drugs that you are looking for are prescription only medicines. You will be able to get them only with a prescription from a doctor. You will need acyclovir for herpes and oral fluconazole to treat fungal infection. See a doctor for a written prescription.

Until you see a doctor you can try topical clotrimazole cream that can be applied on the affected area. This is an over the counter available topical cream for fungal infection.

Dr S.Murugan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. S. Murugan 26 hours later
Dear Dr.

Thank you very much for your reply. I would like to know whether yeast infection or Herpes can be cured fully?

Can you please tell me how long (many days) the medicines has to be taken to cure the problem of yeast infection?

Can you please tell me, the way to take the tablet such as written in a prescription like morning, afternoon and evening. As well as such as before or after food.

Recently had a slight pain at the tip of penis. Is that due to yeast infection ?

Thank you very much
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Medicines to taken under supervision of physician

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
Yeast infection can be cured completely if treated properly and avoid predisposing factors and the source of infection.
Herpes also can be treated and the lesions would heal with appropriate drugs. But recurrence is common.
Drugs have to be taken under medical supervision. So it is better to consult a Dermatologist.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  

Recent questions on Stress

doctor1 MD

Hi, i feel weak every day short of breath and have frequent urination. i have been diagnosed with the an abnormal hardening of the left venticle of the heart but that was about six months ago. I did have a stress test done every came back normal. Iv also been under a lot of stress. Can you tell me if you think theirs somthing else that when wrong. thankyou

doctor1 MD

Hi, My wife had a dermoyd cyst removed a few year ago and with it her left ovary. Every since then, she has had a really hard time during her period. Lately, she has experienced a rapid heart rate. She is 23 years old and 105lbs. Generally healthy but she is a smoker. She rarely drinks alcohol and doesn't do any drugs. Her water intake is good as is her diet. She doesn't feel any stress, although, our life is rather stressful. She is anemic and has low blood pressure and her heart rate averages around 100bpm during her period. Is this something we should worry about?

doctor1 MD

Hi, I'm a 32 years old male, i'm a smoker, passing i a high stress period and i have microscopic hematuria (18 by field). Ultrasound showed nothing and cystoscopy showed nothing also. The urologist who did my cystocopy said that i have a very sensitive bladder maybe due to stress. Can stress cause hematuria? and what should i do more?

doctor1 MD

Hi Doctor, I want to improve my brain performance, so visited Ayurvedic doctor to take the swarna bhasma,i am little obese and having snoring problem, so doctor has prescribed varanadi kashayam. Apart from this, i have short temper problem, so...

doctor1 MD

hi i m facing sleep disturbance since last 8 years i feel too much pressure over and behing myleft ears may be it leads to stress and breaks my sleep after i sleep abnormal feeling on left while yawning too much tightness on left ear and...

doctor1 MD

I have low body temperature, and am concerned that my thyroid may be not working optimally. My TSH is 4.13. If I reduce the stress in my life, will my thyroid bounce back ?